Sunday, April 23, 2006

International cuisine - II

Happened to go shopping at Dorabjee's in Camp yesterday. This is one of those places that has been around forever and yet holds that firangi-parsi charm for the Puneites living in the more maharashtrian areas. Going to Camp used to always be associated like going to downtown. It was a common hang out place and I don't think the charm will ever run out..atleast not for me! :)

Anyways, so the cafe outside Dorabjee is one of those cake-sandwich-pastry places. Yesterday, there was a new place that sells Tibetian Momos. They are like Dim Sum and very tasty and extremely economical. I tried the veggie momo (they have chicken and mutton as well) and it comes with a red chilli garlic sauce.

This was very much like the potstickers you get in US..!! I am totally hooked on it. And, they are steamed, so no calorie problem.

This is turning out to be a food blog!! :) So what?? ;)

No comments: