Why is it so fashionable to hate US?
I keep on running into people who hate everything about US. Some of them have not been to the US, some have for various lengths of period. And yet, they all keep on telling me how they don't like US etc.
I left US by choice, not because I ran out of visa or because I hated it. I came back, because I wanted to be India. Thats it. But people fail to understand, why I don't hate US.. hmmm
Chana Chaat - spicy, tangy protein-rich salad
9 years ago
5 comments:
They are not too different from those who love everything about the USA. Blindly! And who knows, in case of those who hate US it may even be a case of sour grapes?! ;)
Completely agree - I don't get such people either.. another common variety is desis in the US who love to criticize Indian stuff. I have the same thing to say to them - I don't live here because I hate India - I live here because....
..until we come back home :)
You would not like me saying this but I think you are hung up on your return from US. Some of your posts have also made me wonder if you think you are somehow superior/better than Indians who choose to live in US. Each one of us has a right to have opinions. It should be left just at that - an opinion.
Ads: I don't know if its sour grapes or not. I think its just not being aware of the other side.
Anuja: Amen to that.
Anon: Fair enough that everyone has to have their own opinions. I am not hung up on US. But it has been a big chunk of my adult life, so a lot of my memories and associations are from there and I am not ashamed to admit that I enjoyed US as much I as enjoy India. I would never think of any complex (superiority / inferiority) associated with living in either country. Just that when I hear people assume that I must have left US, because I hated it, I am amused. And when they proceed to tell me how sorry life in the US is, I write blogs. :D
I thoroughly enjoyed my life there, and I am enjoying my life here in Pune as much and more, because I have so many people to share it with.
Yes , It doesnt make sense to hate or love a place even wo spending some time there !
And why just US , I feel staying away from home country (India in our case) is always a personal choice (for most of us !) ...
As for me , I do not really find it interesting to stay away and meet parents / aji / ajoba for a few days per year :) Money is important in all phases of life but a decent job now-a-days in India earns you well unless one is not addicted to "Oh so luxurious" feeling ...
I feel my kids to should see , feel and be with granparents in real that being with them on skype or gtalk !
But it doesnt mean that a person who meets his/her parents loves them less , cant be ! Or kids who grow up in other countries do have a perfect upbringing...All parents irrespective of their work , location want the best for their children :)
So I really feel its a personal choice !
Yes , I agree a few people hate US for the heck of it...But there are tons who start visiting India only to underline all -ves and compare it with US or for that matter any western country !
As I call them "Psuedo Indians" :)
Post a Comment