
Do labzon ki hain dil ki kahani, ya hain mohabbat ya hain jawani....
When you listen to this sond, close your eyes, what do you see? I see Venice. Fortunately the hotel in Treviso was a 4 start beautiful hotel with the largest room we had seen in the entire trip. Even the restroom was huuuuuuge. It was extremely comfortable. However, by this time, my nose was clogged and I think I had fever. Neeraj was just getting over this cold and I was fast getting one. I spent a very restless night, waking up every few minutes or hours with my nose clogging up.
So, the next day morning, I was so not in the mood to go anywhere. However, we were going to Paris that night and this was the only chance we had to see Venice. The hotel had a very filling breakfast buffet and we hogged on breads, fruits, cereal, omlettes.
We took the train to Venice. This was more like a bus, believe me, the train I am certain had bus engines. You could also hear the gears. :) Once we reached Venice, we had to take a bus to go to the "water" section of the city. Once we got out of the bus, we walked around this city of canals, gondolas, masks, people singing and playing accordions. I wish I was not feeling so sick. At one place, I just sat while Neeraj went around taking pictures. There were typical streetside cafes, only here, they were canal side. the water however is very unclean. Unlike Amsterdam, where you can get a glass of water out of the canal and its really clean.
The water buses are busy and very crowded. Its very crucial to make sure you know which one to take. We took the wrong one which was the slow one and that took us around the city. We did not have the time since we had to come back and catch a flight to Paris.
I got very paranoid thinking that we were going to get late. I made Neeraj hurry up and we rushed back to Treviso and inspite of the hotel folks telling us that the only way to go to the airport was to take a cab which would cost 60 Euros, we found a bus that took us back for three each :)
We had to wait at the airport for 3 hours. 3 precious hours we could have spent getting to see Venice better :(
1 comment:
Great narration !!
Post a Comment