Cooking in my own house..
People who know me, know I am not fond of the traditional poli-bhaji kind of cooking. Ask me to make Chicken Marsala or gobi manchurian or any kind of rice dishes and I am always up for it. However, since May 9th 2005, I have not really cooked in a kitchen I can call my own with my own utensils.
Finally the American pots and pans are out and I thoroughly enjoyed making and then eating mixed veggies bhaji and poli (not made by me!). Neeraj made a dish we customized back in US inspired by one of those fake-meat restaurants. If you love mushrooms, here it is:
Wash mushrooms and if you have the patience make cut the stem as well as the bulb into fours keeping them joint at the center. If not, just chop the entire mushroom in fours.
Chop lots of garlic into small pieces, the costco frozen, chopped garlic does not do this justice.)
Heat a little oil and add half of garlic to it. If you like the taste of burnt garlic, then you can brown it or just make it pink and then add lots of soya sauce to it. Let it get thick and start to caramalize. Then add mushrooms. They will start to sweat quite quickly and the soya sauce will stick the mushrooms.
Once the mushrooms look a little done, (depending on how soft you like them, I like them crunchy) Add the rest of the garlic, give it one toss and done! Serve hot with a sprig of basil at the top!
Yummm....
Chana Chaat - spicy, tangy protein-rich salad
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment