Being a good person
In the past few months, I have learnt so much about people and rose tinted glasses that I have in the past 37 years. Keep doing good and eventually only good will come to you. I have reminded myself and my children. You punish a child when he/she makes a mistake, unknowingly and mostly innocently. But how do you punish an adult when the actions are deplorable. You can't give them a timeout, you can't shout at them. You simply have to accept and move on.
Its hard to tell a child, that adults make mistakes. And it's worse when your child tells you, "Mom, it's okay. I didn't like that person either". Sometimes I am glad that my child is better at recognizing people than I am. And this time, the rose tinted glasses are gone and the claws are out. Bring it on.
In the past few months, I have learnt so much about people and rose tinted glasses that I have in the past 37 years. Keep doing good and eventually only good will come to you. I have reminded myself and my children. You punish a child when he/she makes a mistake, unknowingly and mostly innocently. But how do you punish an adult when the actions are deplorable. You can't give them a timeout, you can't shout at them. You simply have to accept and move on.
Its hard to tell a child, that adults make mistakes. And it's worse when your child tells you, "Mom, it's okay. I didn't like that person either". Sometimes I am glad that my child is better at recognizing people than I am. And this time, the rose tinted glasses are gone and the claws are out. Bring it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment